Sold in 1 pound cans
RECTORSEAL® NO. 5® has withstood
the test of time in a variety of uses and is widely known
as the "standard of the industry."
RECTORSEAL® NO. 5® is a soft setting, slow drying thread sealant made from special inert fillers dispersed in an oleonresinous base to faciilitate its applk:ation to threaded pipe connections.
RECTORSEAL® NO. 5® is a unique, versatile and reliable sealant that is non-toxic in acconlance with NSF Standard 61. In addition, it is Underwriters Ubomtories Inc. (UL) classified,listed under the Uniform plumbing code Code (IAPMO) Fill: No. 1282, and it is approved and listed with the Canadian Standllllls Association (CSA).
RECTORSEAL® NO. 5® CHARACTERISTICS:
• For use with potable water (hot or cold)
• Soft Setting,slowdrying
• Will not dry out in the can
• Immediate pressurization on pipe up to 2" and 100 psi
• Smooth easy application
• Economical- requires only a small amount
• Lubricates and protects threads
RECTORSEAL® NO. 5® APPLICATIONS:
• Lead free and contains no other metals
• Brushable from 20 degrees F to 140 degrees F
• Multipurpose- wide range of service uses
• For pressure up to 12,000 psi (liquids) and 2,600 psi (gasses)
• Permits easy bresk out with no damsge to threads
• Reduces friction to allow tighter joint makeup
Not recomnended fur Oxygel, chlorine, and other oxidizers.
RECTORSEAL® NO. 5 PACKAGING
RECTORSEAL® NO. 5 INSTRUCTIONS
1. Stir befure using. Wipe threads clean.
2. For pipe diameters up to 1 1/4", apply to male threads only.For larger sizes, apply to both male and female threads.
3. Join and tighten pipe to ANSI Standards
4. Wipe excess sealant from joints.For natural gas,air, and water lines up to 2" diameter and up to 100 psi, piping systems may be placed into immediate service.For other service and application
conditions, cure times may vary.